Simple Step has been in the design phase of the new -6x motion control boards. This new controller system will have a new microprocessor and drive system that will allow for the following new improved system attributes. Here is the general outline of what will be available.
- 72 to 150MHz Cortex-M4+ NXP processor with built in numeric microprocessor.
- 2 oz copper on all controllers for better heat dissipation.
- Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128 and 1/256 microstepping.
- Stepping speeds up to 5,999,633 steps per second in ALL stepping modes.
- Built in real-time (<500ns) Home and Limit switch detection.
- Encoder input good to 1.5MHz with Integer/Decimal fractional registers.
- Programmable slope control in steps per second square with the possibility to use a new 4 point slope profile for each slope (to be determined at a later time).
- All MicroLC boards will produce 2.0 amps per phase and all MicroMC boards will produce 4.0 amps per phase. No heat sinks will be required (unless no air flow then heat sinks are recommended.