Simple Step has been in the design phase of the new -6x motion control boards. This new controller system will have a new microprocessor and drive system that will allow for the following new improved system attributes. Here is the general outline of what will be available.
- 72 to 150MHz Cortex-M4+ NXP processor with built in numeric microprocessor.
- 2 oz copper on all controllers for better heat dissipation.
- Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128 and 1/256 microstepping.
- Stepping speeds slightly over 8,000,000 steps per second in ALL stepping modes.
- Built in real-time (<500ns) Home and Limit switch detection.
- Encoder input good to 1.8MHz with Integer/Decimal fractional registers.
- Programmable slope control in steps per second square with the possibility to use a new 4 point slope profile for each slope (to be determined at a later time).
- All MicroLC boards will produce 2.0 amps per phase and all MicroMC boards will produce 4.0 amps per phase. No heat sinks will be required.