Simple Step has been in the design phase of the new -6x motion control boards. This new controller system will have a new microprocessor and drive system that will allow for the following new improved system attributes. Here is the general outline of what will be available.
- 72 to 150MHz Cortex-M4+ NXP processor with built in numeric microprocessor.
- 2 oz copper on all controllers for better heat dissipation.
- Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128 and 1/256 microstepping.
- Stepping speeds slightly over 8,000,000 steps per second in ALL stepping modes.
- Built in real-time (<500ns) Home and Limit switch detection.
- Encoder input good to 1.8MHz with Integer/Decimal fractional registers.
- Programmable slope control in steps per second square with the possibility to use a new 4 point slope profile for each slope (to be determined at a later time).
- All MicroLC boards will produce 2.0 amps per phase and all MicroMC boards will produce 4.0 amps per phase. No heat sinks will be required.
We at Simple Step are still here to work with our clients and interested parties to fulfill your needs. We have plenty of stock in place and all our employees are telecommuting to help reduce the spread of this dangerous virus. This will allow us to get orders out with just a small delay.
Stay safe and God bless.
We have just released a new controller program to allow users to program their controller with little work. This new program will work with very old to the latest controllers. This new software will automatically search all the serial communication ports on your system and connect to the controller. The software is made up of stages that allow the user to set up the controller so that the finial control of moving the motors is available.
We are just starting to add new capabilities into the newer controllers that we never had before.
- The first is the ability to take 2 MOSFET open collector outputs and turn them into PWM’s. The user can also take 5 TTL inputs and convert them into PWM’s outputs as well. We will have 3 channels worth of rate settings that will allow the user to set rates from 300Hz to 16,000Hz.
- The second is taking the SPARE 1 input and attaching a new external board called the SSADC-1x-4x interface board and creating a 12 bit ADC input with switch selectable filtering and the ability to measure 0 to 3.3VDC or 0 to 5.5VDC signals.
These capabilities are available per axis for all our controllers except for the soon to be released SSBLDC-4x controller which has the ADC input speed control already built in.
We are proud to announce that we have joined the IEEE GlobalSpec group. Our first White Paper is being released on July 1st which is called “Solving Your 5 Toughest Design Challenges in a Motion Control System“.
Download Link: simplestep-whitepaper-june25-2
We would like to thank the 5 customers who were used in the White Paper for their time and support in this endeavor.
We have now completed our new website. Please be patient while we go through our debugging stage after going live. Please if you find any problems, email us and we will try to fix the problem promptly.